Last week SEM visited Canberra to meet Federal MPs, Ministers and Shadow Ministers.
The delegation met:
- The Hon Josh Frydenberg MP, Treasurer
- Senator The Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister for Small & Family Business, Skills and Vocational Education
- The Hon Andrew Broad MP, Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister (Infrastructure and Transport and Regional Development)
- Senator the Hon Bridget McKenzie, Minister for Regional Services, Sport, Local Government & Decentralisation
- Senator Kim Carr, Shadow Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research
- Don Farrell, Shadow Minister for Sport
- The Hon Mark Butler MP, Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy.
- The Hon Jason Clare MP, Shadow Minister for Trade and Investment, and Resources.
- The Hon Nick Champion MP, Shadow Assistant Minister for Manufacturing and Science
- Clare O’Neil MP
- Julian Hill MP
- Chris Crewther MP
- Tim Wilson MP
- Jason Wood MP
Our main intent with the delegation was to introduce our federal parliamentarians to SEM and the south east region. We spoke about some of the key issues this region needs assistance with, such as the high youth unemployment rate, the need to invest in jobs closer to home to reduce congestion, and ageing infrastructure that is no longer keeping up with our population growth.
It was a successful two days, and we look forward to working closer with our federal members over the coming year.