Why a review of bus services is necessary:
SEM is calling for a review of all bus services right across south east Melbourne to ensure the hard-working residents of the region can get to and from work in a timely manner.
South East Melbourne is one of the state’s most important employment hubs, but many large industrial areas are impractical to reach by public transport.
Improving bus links to key employment zones throughout the south east region would drive jobs growth, reduce congestion and give locals a more reliable and effective way to get to and from work.
SEM calls on the State Government to perform a bus network review in the south east to ensure all existing bus services meet the requirements of minimum service levels, and ensure the following Employment Hubs are serviced appropriately:
- The Monash National Employment and Innovation Cluster
- The Dandenong National Employment and Innovation Cluster
- Cardinia Employment Cluster, Pakenham
- Carrum Downs
- Activity centres in Dandenong, Frankston, Narre Warren and Berwick
Key Ask: A review of bus timetables and routes right across south east Melbourne
The review should ensure that:
- All bus services meet the requirements of minimum service levels
- Better coordination between train and bus timetables
- Increased frequency of bus routes important to regional employment
- Provision of at least minimum bus service standards to the region’s Employment Hubs
If you want to know how you can help SEM advocate for this project, please contact us on email@example.com